At the heart of the story of Woolwich Counselling Centre is the story of a community coming together in service of others.
We are an organization built by the community for the community.
A network of local visionary supporters recognized the critical importance of mental wellness in growing a healthy rural community.
They came together to build, nurture, and grow our organization for the benefit of their families, friends, and larger neighbourhood—and continue to do so today.
Incorporated in 1977 as a registered, non-profit charitable organization we are governed by an elected volunteer Board of Directors.
From our humble beginnings initially providing evening public lectures on mental health, we now serve more than 1,000 adults, youth, and children annually. Read our history.
We believe mental health is health. Nurturing strong mental wellness ensures our community is healthy and resilient.
Here are our six service principles:
- It takes courage to make the first call. When you reach out for mental health support, we strive to get you in as quickly as possible. See what to expect after you make that first call.
- We believe that everyone deserves quality expert services regardless of ability to pay. Our fees are determined by your unique financial situation, based on a sliding fee scale. We will work with you to ensure you receive the support you need.
- You’re in qualified and experienced hands: All of our counsellors have Master’s degrees and are registered with their respective colleges. Sessions are covered by most health insurance plans.
- Fit matters – we will find the right person to meet your needs. Our wide array of qualified therapists vary in approach and specialties.
- We understand our Woolwich and Wellesley Township communities. We have supported mental health needs locally for decades with high quality services right in your neighbourhood (45 years and counting).
- Since the beginning we have valued health and well-being in the community. We remain committed to being a mental health resource to local businesses, community organizations, schools, individuals and families. Over the past two years, we offered no cost workshops to the public, made possible by generous local donations.
We can help you gain a new perspective to meet life’s challenges. Improved relationships, better communication, increased self-confidence, tools to tackle stressful situations, and personal growth are just some of the benefits of therapy. Learn about our counselling services and contact us today.